Wednesday 28 March 2012

I have been exploring the leg shape of my chair, but haven't come across any solutions, that fit my comfort theme. I have tried to create a shorter chair which for fills my theme. 

The metal strip legs I have experimented with have not worked but I feel the sketch on the right with the solid legs is a way forward.

I have quickly experimented with a rocker chair as this may evoke a feeling of comfort and memory's of Grampa's old chair.

Still experimenting with the back rest and the legs. I think a solid back and legs would evoke the feeling of comfort.

I have now established the form of the legs, a solid front to them will provide a stable platform for the chair.

The sketch on the left, I feel is a right step towards my goal of a chair that screams comfort. The slight curve in the back rest looks as though its been worn in for you. The side panels of wood veneer add a modern touch to the chair. 


And so the excitement of the sketch work is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment